Fast-Fried Noodles With Chicken, Lettuce, Carrots, And Peanuts
Noodles – umm..the name itself is bringing water to my mouth. Be it, kids or adults, everybody loves noodles. Made with different ingredients, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian versions are alluring enough to make you survive on noodles only. But if you can mix all ingredients like healthy lettuce, peanuts, juicy carrots and chicken slices in one recipe, will it not be enthralling? Then let’s make a hearty noodle dish that will give you a punch of flavors in your mouth!
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
- Chinese noodles – 5 ounces
- Carrots – 2, grated
- Iceberg lettuce – 4 cups, shredded
- Chicken – 1 pound, cut into slices
- Sesame oil – 1 tbsp
- Peanut oil – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp (low sodium variety)
- Oyster sauce – 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar – 2 tsp
- Grated ginger – 1 tbsp
- Garlic minced – 1 tbsp
- Peanuts – ½ cup, unsalted
- Take a large pot filled with water and put it on high flame. As the water becomes hot add the noodles and cook it following the instructions written on the label. When the noodles are soft, remove the excess water and add the olive oil so that the noodles do not stick to each other.
- Add the rice vinegar along with soy sauce and oyster sauce in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Put a wok on high flame and add the peanuts. Stir them till all of them are dry-roasted thoroughly. Take them out and pour the peanut oil. When the oil starts to leave smoke, add the grated ginger and minced garlic. Sauté those till you get a nice aroma. Make sure the ginger and garlic do not get burned.
- Now add the grated carrots along with chopped lettuce. Let them cook until the lettuce becomes soft.
- Mix the sliced chicken and keep on frying for about 8 minutes. Make sure the pinkness of the chicken pieces goes away completely.
- Now it is time to add the cooked noodles. Toss them properly so that all the noodles get coated with the veggies and chicken.
- Pour the sauce mixture in the wok and keep on tossing till the sauce gets adequately mixed with noodles.
- When done, add the roasted peanuts on the top and serve. The noodles taste excellent when served fresh and hot.
Egg Soup To Accompany Fast Fried Noodles
The fast fried noodle that you just made is wholesome enough to make your tummy full, but there is no harm in having a bowl of soup along with it to make a complete dinner. The egg soup goes very well with it. You need a bowl of chicken stock, 2 eggs, a handful of chopped green onions and salt and pepper to taste. Beat the eggs and pour it in the stock and put it on medium flame. When it starts to boil, add a spoon of cornstarch, salt, and pepper and stir continuously. When the soup becomes thick, add the chopped green onions, give it a mix and switch off the flame.
The yummy soup and delicious noodles are waiting for you at the dinner table!