Flaky And Buttery Buttermilk Biscuits
Buttermilk biscuits are yummy and flaky at the same time. The blend of flour, buttermilk, and butter together give it an authentic taste. Its texture is very smooth and buttery. These little flaky buttermilk biscuits are very easy to make at home. It is always better to cook different things at home. Cooking at home is hygienic. One knows the details about every item being used. The best part is one gets to learn so much. Internet is one big platform to learn different ways of cooking things.
Buttermilk Biscuits Recipes
- 1\2 cup butter stick (frozen)
- 2.5 cups flour(white lily self-rising flour)
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- 2tbsp of melted butter
- 2 Sheets of parchment paper.
Method To Make Buttermilk Biscuits
- Grate the frozen butter for an even distribution of fat for the biscuit dough. It will help in making the biscuit fluffy and soft.
- Combine the grated butter with flour using a spatula. Mix it very gently.
- We want the flour nice and cold when we make the biscuit dough. So keep the butter and flour mixture in the freezer for ten minutes. So that it cools nicely.
- After ten minutes take out the butter and flour mixture and add chilled buttermilk to it. Do not mix the butter-flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture using your hands. The heat of your hand will melt the butter. And the dough will turn soft.
- Mix everything well using a spatula so that things combine well. When you see the dough has pulled away from the sides take it out on the kitchen counter.
Rolling And Baking
- Dust some flour on the counter and turn the dough on to it. Now take a rolling pin and sprinkle some flour on the dough. Shape the dough in any shape you want to. A rectangle, circle, square any shape of your choice.
- Now fold the dough and again flatten it with a rolling pin. Do this 4 to 5 times. It will help to give the biscuit a lot of flaky layers
- Before you start cutting the cookies, take a baking tray, and cover it with parchment sheet.
- Now take a cookie cutter and cut small cookies from the dough.
- Place the dough on the tray and make sure that they are placed at a distance. It will help to give the biscuits a nice rise. Bake it at 475 degree Celsius for 15 min.
When the buttermilk biscuits are ready to brush the biscuits with melted butter, you will see the biscuits have lovely layers, and it has risen perfectly. The texture is smooth and buttery.
Making buttermilk biscuits at home is easy. With very few ingredients one can make sweet, flaky biscuits. It tastes yummy. Always try and use white lily self-rising flour. It comprises of soft winter weeds which help in giving a nice rise to the biscuit. This buttermilk biscuit recipe helps in making one of the best biscuits which can impress anyone.