At 4 pm, I feel famished. The lunch just vanishes because of the heavy workload. While you feel energetic in the morning, after lunch, you become sluggish, and boredom occupies you. And it becomes tricky to find healthy food. We often gorge on fast food, which tastes great but makes us unhealthy. If you face the same problem as me, then you can make a healthy office snack and carry it with you.
Both easy and tasty, this broccoli chaat is full of nutrition. It will not only make your tummy full but also make the mind fresh.
Recipe Of Healthy Office Snack – Broccoli Chaat
Toasted broccoli florets are mixed with beans, lentils, and potatoes and garnished with a savory dressing on the top. The combination of balsamic vinegar and sweet lime and honey gives a sweet and sour flavor to the chaat, which feels excellent. The protein content of the chaat is very high. Thus it helps to keep you energetic for the rest of the work. Even when you are back from the office, you will feel satiated.
Preparation time – 25 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Serving – 4
- Red lentils – 1 cup, cooked
- Black beans – 40 gm, cooked
- Broccoli florets – 8
- Tabasco sauce – few drops
- Sweet lime – ½, cut into slices
- Papaya – 100 gm, cut into dices
- Potatoes – 3, boiled
- Methi sprouts – 1 cup
For The Dressing
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- Balsamic vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 20 ml
- Onions – 30 gm, chopped
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Raw mango powder – ½ tsp
How To Make
- Take the broccoli florets in a bowl and add some salt and olive oil and black pepper powder. Mix them well and put them in an oven for roasting for 15 minutes. You can also toast them by adding them to a grill. Once they are charred, take the florets out of the grill.
- In another bowl, add the chopped onions, balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil, and mix very well. Sprinkle the chaat masala along with raw mango powder and mix again. Your chaat dressing is prepared.
- Transfer the toasted or roasted broccoli in the dressing bowl and mix thoroughly so that each floret gets coated with the dressing very well. Now add the cooked black beans and red lentils to this bowl.
- Mix tobacco sauce, the sweet lie slices, cooked potatoes, and diced papaya to this bowl and mix using a spatula. Add the Methi sprouts on the top and serve.
Essential Tips For Healthy Office Snack
So, now you can prepare this easy snack for the office every day. Both the preparation and cooking time is less, which makes it suitable for making in the rush hour of the morning. To make it more quickly, you can prepare the black beans, red lentils in advance. You can even roast the broccoli florets the previous evening and keep everything ready in the fridge. In the morning, assemble everything following the recipe, and you are good to go. Enjoy your snack!