Indian Curry: Authentic Recipes For You
The first thing that comes to your mind whenever you hear the word “curry” is Indian cuisine. Indian cuisine is unique and it has so many different types of items in it which stand out. Although there are so many types of curries that originated from other parts of Asia, the taste of Indian cuisine stands atop. Even if you have never tried your hand at cooking, there is no need for you to be disappointed. In this article, we are going to show you the best recipes for Indian curry. These are the authentic recipes, and if you follow the procedure correctly, you will be able to cook the best curry by yourself.
Veg Korma Curry
This is a famous South Indian dish which almost goes with every type of food. Be it Indian bread or rice; you can enjoy the taste of various kinds of food with the help of this veg korma curry.
Ingredients For Curry
- Potatoes- ½ cup. Cut them into long stripes
- French beans- ½ cup. Cut into one-inch pieces
- Capsicum- ½ cup. Cut into long strips. You can choose any type of bell peppers here.
- Carrot- ½ cup. Cut into long strips
- Cauliflower- ½ cup
- Oil- 2 tablespoons
- Onion- ½ cup
- Turmeric powder- ¼ teaspoon
- Tomato- 1 medium-sized. Make it into a puree
- Red chili powder- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 1 teaspoon
- Salt- for tasting purpose
- Plain Yoghurt- 3 tablespoon
- Water- 1 ½ cups for gravy
- Coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons
- Coconut- 3 tablespoons. Grate it freshly.
- Cashew nuts- 6-7
- Green cardamoms- 2
- Poppy seeds- 1 teaspoon
- Black peppercorns- 4-5
- Cloves- 2
- Cinnamon stick- ½ inch
- Garlic cloves-2
- Ginger- 1 inch
- Water- ½ cup
- Green chili-1. Chopped
- Chop the vegetables as mentioned and cook them. You can either boil or bake them until they are more than half cooked.
- While the vegetables are boiling, start making the paste. Add all the ingredients to a blender and make a smooth paste.
- Now take a pan and heat oil in it. Once it is heated, add chopped onions and cook until they become translucent.
- They should attain a soft texture.
- Now add the tomato puree and cook until all the water is evaporated. It should become a thick paste.
- It is always a better idea to go with fresh tomato puree only. Canned tomatoes or puree is not suitable for health as well as they ruin the authentic taste too. So take a tomato, slice it and make a fresh puree out of it. It won’t take more than 10 mins to do it.
- Mix salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder. Cook the entire thing for a minute. Add water to attain the curry consistency.
- Keep it on simmer for 5-6 minutes. Meanwhile, start whisking the yogurt in another bowl. Attain a thick texture with peaks, Add it to the curry and mix it immediately.
- Add cooked veggies and let the entire thing boil for 4-5 minutes. Add coriander leaves and take the curry out of the stove.